Life Lessons After Two Month working in Jakarta

23:02 rafi 8 Comments


Indonesians still have hope for this messed up world


Being worker in Jakarta, has opened my mind about the humanity itself. First of all, you need to know, that I used to be pedestrian in here. Walking almost 4.5 km everyday (about one hour total) with brisk mode for sure. FYI, in the first two month, I have lost 5 kg by myself, and I am so proud with that. Second of all, just in case I am late, or being lazy, I will take Go-jek, it's only take 8 minutes averagely to go to my office, AIA Central, South Jakarta. Third of all, actually, I probably have more shortcut to go to my office, i.e. I can shorten my time almost 5 minutes, but unfortunately, I used to walk on lane, without seeing so many people and huge building. And I don't like it. It's probably because first I am extrovert, secondly, whenever I saw huge building, I feel encouraged and motivated more (and I love it!).

So, what's so special with tonight's post? Well, recently, I often went to Lotte Shopping Avenue, for redeem my voucher on several restaurants, especially Lotteria, because there are lots promo on Elevenia. I used to go there after my working hour, and once again, I am gonna walk by myself. It's 1.5 km away, I can take Angkot or public transportation, unfortunately, on that time, the path would be so messed up, you can say it's a long-long traffic jam. It might be less effort, but somehow, I will have more sweat, because it's extremely hot down there. So yeah, I will choose walking instead. 

In the middle of my way, I will find several persons, that used to ride their motorcycle on the sidewalk, which is belong to pedestrian or bikers. At first, I am so mad, sometimes, I am gonna yell to them "Please sir, take another way" and they won't listen to me, or probably getting angry also. But suddenly, I realized a huge thing. Yeah, It's in the middle of traffic jam, probably there are thousands of motor right there, which is thousands of drivers also. But only few, going to take pedestrian's right. I realized, instead of seeing these lawbreakers, and getting mad to them. I should see the bright side, what I see, we still had thousands of persons, that's not going to take my right as pedestrian, and keep riding safely, gently, and keep obeying the law. 

I realized, instead of seeing the negativity, why don't we see the positive one? Because, when you just saw the negative ones, your energy would be drained because you are going to be mad, and curse anyone, even somehow you would be blind, blame everyone, that this world is a mess.

BUT NO! We are more than that, we still have hope, we need to realize, in this life, there would be negativity. There would be racists, intolerants, lawbreakers, xenophobic, sexists, homophobs, etc. But we need to take a note, they are just a minority, they are small in numbers, and they must not win this war! Haha and yeah, we do still have the positive side, which is probably supporting our life as a human ourselves. I am extremely grateful to learn these lessons of life, during my time as normal pedestrian, you should try one I suggest, because whenever you walk with yourself in the middle of somewhere, you might think bigger and wider I thought. 

Thank you gaes, I do love sharing these with y'all!

Anyway, here's the bonuses that make Jakarta quite special for me hoho:

Huge Buildings of Jakarta - FX Sudirman
I am talking about these kind of buildings - FX Sudirman (Dokumentasi Pribadi)

Beautiful Sunset of Jakarta
Sometimes got this one - Sunset on Kebayoran Baru, Jakarta (Dokumentasi Pribadi)

Jakarta City as AIA Central point of view
To be inspired by this one - Jakarta City as AIA Central point of view

You Might Also Like

8 comments:

  1. Wow you are right, If we only see the negativity, somehow we would be blind by it though, where as there are countless good things that needs to be grateful for! Keep it up bro!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That's what I was pointing out! Hoho

      Delete
  2. hi good story life dude. anw did u have any jkt public transportation experiences? i think taking jkt public transportation is the most challenging part, right? haha :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kev, It's so challenging especially on Tanah Abang for sure haha. Sometimes, the crowded itself was so tiring, even for me, the 90$ extrovert lol. 2 weeks Bogor-Jakarta was enough for me!

      Delete
  3. Positivity in a nutshell mas, yups, me myself and I can't focus to do something whenever I had negative energy in me. It's really important to think positively through our life for sure. Tetap sharing ke kita mas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Siti! So do I actually. It takes mine too! Otherwise the positivity would give me some energy to do my Job also hoho. Anyway, will always share anything to you guys!

      Delete
  4. Itu sunsetnya bagus banget ka, diambil waktu kapan? Btw bener sih, both in social media and real life, you'll see lots of negativity, whether it's someone who get bullied, murder, racism, bigot, homophobic, anything! But if we see it once again and make sure to convince yourself, they're just a part of this world, so small in number. Not going to win anything IF we stand-up for ourselves and what we believe and tell them it's wrong things to do :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Itu waktu gue magang dulu, sekitar bulan February sih, matahari posisinya masih di selatan menuju equator. Kayaknya posisi ini ngaruh sih mengingat lo gabisa dapat sunset atau sunrise bagus di sembarang waktu hehe.

      Tugas kita sebagai manusia simple, ketika melihat kemungkaran diharapkan kita ga boleh diam. Dari Abu Sa’id Al Khudri radhiyallahu ‘anhu dia berkata, “Aku mendengar Rasulullah shallallahu ‘alaihi wa sallam bersabda, ‘Barang siapa di antara kalian yang melihat kemungkaran, hendaklah dia merubahnya dengan tangannya. Apabila tidak mampu maka hendaknya dengan lisannya. Dan apabila tidak mampu lagi maka dengan hatinya, sesungguhnya itulah selemah-lemah iman.’.” (HR. Muslim)

      Things should be done properly, right? Gaboleh diam hoho

      Delete