Review Book: Purpose

21:57 rafi 0 Comments


Hai!

So last week, I attend mba Alamanda's meet-up that will tell about what's in her book.

I know and adore her so much after she resigned from her Jobs (this was a booming tho), and after that, I was following her career & became so much fans after she created Binar Academy, and how it helped the socieities back then.

Everytime she posted something, I will definitely read about it because I am so curious with her. She is the one who always inspired me to do something more with the right purpose (not only pursuing for money and stuff). On several event, such as Proud project event, I saw her but once again, I felt not worthy enough.

So that's the beginning.



I follow her instagram, and felt inspired. Because in here, we are talking about an independent women, whos become engineer, inspiring, and always bring happiness around her. Do not forget about her artsy feed, this is somehow a perfect combination of a human, right?

Ok. not trying being weird, because I dont.

The first time I saw her snapgram about this event, I am directly signing up for this! Of course because she launched a book, and I am that bookworm-ish that so enjoy reading about someone's achievement and biography, and YES it is HER auto-biography, which is, she is the one who wrote it!

The next thing I saw, the event is about PURPOSE. You know, something that I have stuggling with, because currently I don't know why I live. I didn't see clear purpose even tho I already read about bunch of books that talked about this. Purpose, goals, visions, different name, same definition, but somehow nothing really moved me.

"Ok, maybe this is the answer!" I said.

Yet, the same question has been asked by my brother. So ...... I invite him (not really asked him tho, but signed him up for this, sort of force him to attend this, Lol). Yeah, he is confused about his life, not really have any passion in his life. So .... maybe this is also become his answer, right? He might hate listened to me all the time, maybe he needs a new figure?

Registered!

On the D-day. I came. See her directly, tell her stories, what's in it, AND of course I bought it! I bought the books, and I am sold to read it soon!

Not gonna spoiler things up.

I am just so surprised that it felt so good. This book is really really good. I am not lying. Everything is straight forward, there would be no long explanation, but somehow I can relate that. In this book, you will get anything about her family, how she lived, how she became the entrepreneur for her first enterprise. I often judged her being like that because of her previledge, but no, it's also about her being struggling and give the best effort to achieve it. Also ..... Next thing you will get story about Nadiem Makarim, which is also my favorite innovators, and got it from another POV, which is the closest one with him.

Ok .... I am so moved and also jealous, even asking myself what have I done so far in my life? What have I done on campus? Why don't I think like this? Start my own company, meet with outstanding people, get the mentor, and stuff. Aside from it, I am currently asking my self the Why instead of What (I want to be).

Just like what she said on the event, more or less.

"I do want to be Minister of Education, that's why I founded Binar Academy, because I care about the Human development, and education system itself. But that's just the What. Let us stop for a minute, think about the Why we want to be that, and enjoy the process?! And that is the why. Even if I didn't become Minister of Education, I already did the why, right?!"

Yas, Purpose is a book about the process. It has inspired me to embrace and enjoy all of the process that happened in my life. Personally, I recommend you guys to read it! For me .... It's 10/10!



PS. This a new record for me, to finished the books like .... only less than 3 hours. I want to stop, but no, my body wanted me to read and finished it soon, and takes whatever lesson learned on that books!

You Might Also Like

0 comments: