Question: Is it important to have and update your LinkedIn profile?

23:53 rafi 2 Comments


The answer is yes and no.


LinkedIn logo
Logo LinkedIn

As a business and employment social media, you might consider using LinkedIn to connect with your business and professional networks. So far, LinkedIn is really helping me to get the jobs, building connections, getting good articles to develop and broaden my knowledge generally and specifically, and etc. In several case, when I want to recruit team for my social projects, I used LinkedIn to get any information on how professional they could be through their professional or volunteer experiences.

Why the answer is YES and NO, though? It's pretty simple. The answer is YES, if you want to apply any programs or jobs. Based on my experiences, there are several programs, let us say, Young Leaders for Indonesia (YLI) or Tunza Eco-Generation, that's sorting its potential candidates based on their exposures on social media (mostly from Facebook or LinkedIn). By updating your profiles in LinkedIn, it could give good exposure and messages that you're aware with it. The best part for me, LinkedIn could help me to do documentation for what I did, its achievements during the jobs or projects, and also what kind of achievements/recognition I already got. It could remind me what kind of things I have done so far and could help me to choose which one worth to write in my CV.

Well, let me tell you something. LinkedIn, at least, already linked me to more than 8 companies so far. FYI, I was applying for 58 Jobs, and got invited to these 8 companies though. What I did is simple, every morning, I will start my morning ritual, check linked in -> Clicked the articles that catches my eyes -> Read, take a note and memorize it -> Checked LinkedIn jobs for Analytics key term -> Prioritize to apply jobs using "Easy Apply" tools by LinkedIn. Voila! Can't believe I was applying for 58 "easy apply" jobs and more than 10 jobs that I used to clicked on Urban Hire, Tech Asia jobs, etc. Haft! LinkedIn was the one, who met me to Elevenia Apprentice Program, though :))

LinkedIn might connect me to several influencer which have inspired me a lot! Here it is, since graduated, I decided to expand my knowledge through Big Data, Data Analytics, Data Scientist, and also Sales and Marketing. So yeah, I follow Tom Hopkins, Ian Bremmer, Bill Gates, Jill Rowley, Andy Paul, Gary Vaynerchuk (one of my top Motivator), etc. Even you can follow the company that you used to know or dream. So, LinkedIn literally can develop you personally and professionally IF you seek for it.

So, here's my tips. No matter you guys are students, fresh-graduate, or even professional and businessman, I suggest you to have and keep updating your profiles through it. If you have any event that can give you good exposures professionally, just do not hesitate to share it. Somehow, you may inspire and change someone's life better! For me, LinkedIn can be a quick reminder to me that there's still someone who have done and achieve more through their life. This is definitely can motivate me to be the best, though!


You Might Also Like

2 comments:

  1. Agreed! Linkedin udah bantu gue dalam bbrp hal, termaksud pencitraan (exposure) dan mencari kerja. Belum lagi kalo mau update CV, kadang dengan liat linkedin langsung dapat gitu apa yang mau ditulis haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yaps, banyak banget faedahnya linkedin, belum lagi, banyak bgt orang2 inspiratif yang terus berbagi pengalaman mereka melalui tulisan yang sangat membuka mata w ..... Gue pribadi lebih suka buka linkedin daripada medsos lainnya karena sangat berfaedah haha

      Delete