What I learned from the last 3 month

22:33 rafi 4 Comments


Hello everyone!

It's been a while since my last article. Currently I have huge load of work tho. But that's ok, I am obviously enjoy this one, since I love what I do in the first place.

So tonight what I want to share is .... what I've been through for the last 2 - 3 month.

Well, just a couple month ago, I've been in this dilemmatic situation, where I got offering from another start up. The role I could take is Business Intelligence Analyst, from my point of view, the role is so challenging! It's like joining several job desc from Data Architect, BI Support, and also Customer Analytics at the same time! From my last interview, the users are so face-paced, and expat, which is ..... from Sweden. I am seeing this as opportunity to sharpen not only my technical skills, but also my language, and of course, opportunity to live under pressure in face-paced environment.

I was exciting back then, but extremely  dilemma at the first place. Why? Yups, back then, I'm still being Apprentice, while the company itself not really in its best performance. The worst part? I still have penalty, and the number is quite big tho.

Well, since I have my mentor, which refers to my General Manager and also Team Leader, I shared everything to them. I am new in this world, I gave them the number, I gave them the reason, the job description, even approximate salary IF I took that. I asked them anything, since my TL have been through as BI and Data Architect in his previous and current company. He even asked me, to do my research about this company, since it's really important to know the stability and sustainability of this company.

I felt mentored really well, and I own them one since then. I didn't take this offer, and keep doing my best and maintain my performance in this current role. and I did.

In the middle of these, I was called by one company, asking me whether I interested with their vacant. I told them so and begin my logic and first interview Test. I managed to continue on the second phase Interview, but I decided to leave, because my target been achieved. Yups, hired as permanent employee as Pricing and Customer Analytics Manager.

Happy? Of course! For the last 2 month, I just knew what actually happened with my Analysis. I learnt pricing, segmented valuable vs non-valuable customer, even taking roles as Promotion Analyst! Actually, it's same with roles I would take if I passed the last interview.

Things have got better and better, I felt someone has designed this life beautifully. I mean, I reject the offer, and got HIRED after that. I didn't continue my Interview as Promotion Analyst, and my current roles is doing that! Last but not least, what I'm happy is .... whenever your analysis used and presented in top level management. I know that  I'm not really created the crazy recommendation, since that what my GM and my VP were doing, but ..... giving them these insight, which is digging lots of Customer Behavior, top products, payment, and why these customers cancelled in the first place. I love and enjoy these processes and still believe, these might the right career I should take.

Lesson learned! Millennials like me, should be patient with our life, enjoy the process, and the result might not betray your effort! What's the point of having high salary, if you even can't enjoy what you've taken in the first place? Learn, Grateful, and Patient!

PS. Special thanks to my GM and TL that used to be friend instead of boss back then. Truly love you guys!


You Might Also Like

4 comments:

  1. Wow, just wow, I mean according to you, you refused the offering, but you got promoted for the next few month. And then, you didn't continue your interview, but then your job desc is quite similar with that future job haha, He designed this too obvious, you know?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me myself also grateful with my choice kok, thanks to my GM and also my team leader acting not only as a great leader but also as friend in the first place :))

      Yes, He designed it too good <3

      Delete
  2. .................. your current job mas, is it related or completely different with your major? Interesting

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Obviously, check my previous post deh dek, I have given my reason why I take this path tho

      Delete