A week worth of marketing - Study case: Facebook ads

00:11 rafi 2 Comments

Hello guys!

So ..... I would share my experience using Facebook ads. One of -not so- cheap advertising.

Basically, I wanna try something new. I want to know how the advertisement works in facebook, since I just read book about The Four, which scare the hell out of me. There's no such thing as "Free" account, because when we sign-up to this apps, we should agree to share -all of our- personal information for them. And ..... of course they may use it to target and market, us, right? Yaps, we're talking multi-billion dollar net worth company tho.

So, here's what I was doing before.

1. Discovering

"How facebook ads works?" Simple. Determine which content you eager to promote > set target > set budget > boost > wait the result.

The first thing I do was ...... create a post that I want to promote.

Since this is probably my first, and my last, I want to assure this post is impactful enough. And to achieve that, I need to determine which post that I would publish, and boost it.

I, in other words, one of my top articles called "Kenapa memilih jurusan Meteorologi" or "Why choosing Meteorology as your major". Fortunately, this topic has 3 main articles. I wrote the content, assure it's eye-catching enough, not looks so boring, and stuff. I put all of the three, and wishing every single link would be clicked by them.

OK. Set.

Now, set the target.

This is actually easy enough to be set. What you need is just put the location, and set the range of people would be targeted. Well, I put several big cities to be targeted such as Medan (my hometown), Palembang (not sure why), Jakarta and Bandung (These are the main course), Cirebon (since lots of awesome persons I knew live here, including Meteorologist geek), Depok (cause Judith and her spirit to combine science with Journalism), and ...... Semarang and Surabaya (simply cause they are Metropolitan I guess).

Ok location done. Now, I set age range.

Since these articles about "Major stuff". I definitely target my audience for Senior High School students to be 21 years old. Why? Caused I hope there's FITB student who wants to join this major, tho :p From these set, I could reach 16 Millions account, alive.

Ok done. Now, budgeting.

This is the important part, if you don't have any budget, your ads won't be a thing.

I top-up my credit to be 140K, and budgeting 7 days worth promoting, with 10K a day worth spending. By using only this budget, I would just reach about 20K out of 16 Millions available audience sih haha. But that's obviously oke sih. I'm just trying things now.

Budgeting and top-up credits done. Wait till your link checked by facebook's team. So that it could met their standard terms and condition. Waiting about half hour and done.

Now, my promotion's run!

2. Monitoring

Now, it's time for monitoring your ads. Simply just see how your promotion works, from xxx impression, how much engage, and click your links.

After 2 days running, I found that my target audience who clicked the link, most likely were Female with age 16-18. Only 1 or 2 click from > 18 years old.

Based on this, I edit my targeted audience, just purely for Senior High School students. Well, these kind of mindset have been built during my apprenticeship lah. Moreover if we talked about Targeted customer. It's just useless if we keep running our targeting audience, that won't even click, but only get the appearance of my ads. You know, I pay for that shit, so won't cost me more for that. Hehe.

So yeah, monitoring does important to manage your cost-effective, here.

3. Conclusion

Well, this is the important parts -,-

From 7 days of running these ads. I conclude that ..... Marketing is not cheap. See? One week worth facebook ads only worth 213 clicks .....


I could get those numbers with only 3 days in average, and perhaps ...... With only sharing articles from my facebook, twitter, line, etc.

Right here, I does understand how marketing's channel should be integrated well. If we're only used paid promotion it's expensive af, but if we're just using the organic, the result might not so good, and perhaps slow af. And one thing, keep using all of your social media, and don't forget to share your articles with those apps. Remember, it.should.be.integrated.

Even for me, perhaps I won't use any paid promotion since I just did it as my hobby, and haven't had any vision to make it as my second money source. Hehe

Oke, that's all from me, guys!

Good luck for trying things ya, it's worth you money kok for discovering things.
And I guess it's nothing to lose. I bet, those 21K persons, at least could remember my post in the future and search it on google soon :p #SoPositiveThinking #GrowthMindset

Heuheu.

Bye and good luck gaes!

You Might Also Like

2 comments:

  1. I truly appreciate this post. I have been looking everywhere for this! Thank goodness I found it on Bing. You've made my day! Thx again at
    Using Facebook Ads – Facebook Marketing

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete