Issue in Election Years be like ....

19:10 rafi 2 Comments


Indonesian Issues every Election Time!


Gordon Feminist Quote
Feminism according to Joseph Gordon

Definitely! Gender shouldn't be an issue, both men or women can be anything they want. Sometimes, when I was in some organization, and then, there's an election to choose a leader. I often encourage women to register themselves as a Leader also. 
"Hey, why don't you register yourself? I am ready to be your team!"
"Hmmmm, well, we already have Men right here, they're better to be a Leader, though"
That was the end of conversation. Literally.

Choosing a leader, in Indonesia, always clashed with Religious beliefs. Where a leader shall be a Muslim, and preferred to be a Man. For me, I should accept a fact, that Indonesia isn't Islamic country, only the majority is. It means, every citizen, whether he/she is Muslims, Christian, Catholic, Buddhist, Hindu, or even Khongucu, they can sign in to be a Leader in every aspects. Yups, don't get me wrong, you may check our constitution. So yeah, my religious beliefs, would be my personal preference. What next? I don't care about their gender or what they believe, I should check their background, performances, achievements, even their "Scandals" as well. I won't choose a leader, blindly, because we're talking about a leader who leads us for the next 4 - 5 years.

So, for all of my viewers, both men or women, do not overthinking to choose what you want to be. Moreover, gender is your issue. For all of my friends, from all of religions, please keep in mind, in the middle of this Election years, you need to check and re-check who you want to choose. Just don't choose it blindly. Blindly over a religion (without checking their performances or etc) or/and a gender (omg, please gaes!). Remember, we don't want to buy a cat in a sack, it's definitely haram, right? :p

Please be wise to use your Vote!

PS. Politics isn't my field, but I'm not blind about it at all. I'm not really into debating also because it's my personal believes. And yes, I am feminist. Please keep your ayat(s) with yourself, because I already knew about it as well. Hehehehe

You Might Also Like

2 comments:

  1. Agreed! Religious, Gender, Sexual Orientation, any status can't determine whether the leaders are good or not, it's their track record for running a country that matters! Wake up people!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! How could gender and religion define how good a leader is, we already knew lots of women that runs companies successfully, or even running as a Mayor like Ibu Risma, right? Indonesian should aware with this and forget about Men's privilege to be something haha

      Delete