The perks of reading - A contemplation

18:07 rafi 0 Comments


For the last one week, things happened quickly.

I almost finish Elon Musk book, and ready to read another one about "The Four", sorry for "Highly Performance Book" that need to be awaited after I finish The Four next month.

So, here's the story.

Lots of my friends knew, I'm not that book nerds, I even -sometimes- avoid reading books, and watching video instead. Or even just looking at presentation is enough. Yups, I was thinking too much effort for reading book, while you could get the shortcut by watching videos or ppt instead. I was wrong. Totally. Whenever I learn from ppt, I often missed too much details, right? Even it's the important parts, that might give you the whole picture of the topics. I was wrong. Reading books might broaden my imagination further, with the details they wrote in the books itself. I could picture those words to be things I want, and there's no something wrong with it, right? Cause everything leaves by how you imagine things, that simple.

About History/ Biography. To be honest, I am not really fans of history at all. I thought there's no point learning about it. I was thinking someone's Biography would be so so lah. And then, once again I completely wrong. So much things you can learn about someone's journey. Just like what I read. To be specialized one thing, you need 10000 Hours to do so right? And the shortcut might be reading someone's journey, and learn from their mistakes. And..... Yas, it is. from this one Book, I learned something that, what makes Elon Succeed is not only about his IQ, it's far from that. It's about his Grit, Hardship, Faith (to his dream), and that work attitude he has that makes him to this phase. Even, in the future he could be the next "Four" that would completely change the world. And I, adore also admire him, so much.

His dedication also need to be shout out. I mean, having 3 multi-millions company, he might need seperate his time between those 3 lah. And he did it. We're talking about > 90 Hours works weekly for his employees, and of course, he needs more than that also. Yet, talking about that "laugh-able" dreams, that perhaps, if I on those meeting, might laugh about his ambition also. And he proves them wrong, by investing all of his money for his ambition, and he did something completely blown our mind. Yups, we're talking his space, car, and technology company loh. Once again, I adore him again haha.

The list would go on and on, and you'll be thrilled about his journey that -of course-  need to be credited to himself.

Reading is always and hope always would be my daily activities, whether it's reading books, quoras, articles, HBR, this is something I should commit myself to enrich my knowledge. Some often inspired me, some often thrilled my way of thinking, some often blew my mind, some ..... use to be my personal notes to improve myself. Things you should know, perhaps if you asked me, it looks like too late for realizing this right? I mean, come on, I've been working, and need to improve my social skills also right? No no no! For me, there's no late for these things. Even though you're old enough, learning would be something that bound with time. And reading might be one major factor, to assure, how much "things" you have learned for 1 particular time-interval.

Hokai.

I guess we've come to the end of this contemplation. Me, myself, and I suggest everyone, to read at least 1 article lah a day. No need for taking that 20 minutes worth reading articles lah, try with simple article about self-improvement and stuff, no need heavy topics that needs to be re-read to understand something haha.

My suggestion would be Quora, since I'm loyal quoran readers :")

Thank you guys! Hope it could inspire you :*




You Might Also Like

0 comments: