Being Learner is My Way of Ninja!

01:01 rafi 4 Comments


Traveler (Source: savageuniversal.com)

Trivia


Have you ever had any thought, that you're so done with learning stuff, that you already pursue this formal education for 16 years or so, and didn't want to learn anything coz you're thinking you're wasting your time? Same! I have.

I was thinking, after graduated, I'll take a well-paid job, and just continue my life as it is, coz I didn't want to have this 'stressing' life, with tight deadline, and have potential to fail and stuff.

Reality


Fortunately, this won't give me any strong motivation, and just die in coz I told myself to realize learning is never only about my education. Of course I was learning about Meteorology, Statistic, Hydro-met, climate change, and stuff, but things I learn were never end-up with these stuff. At least that's what motivate me to be Generalist, to explore not-only the hardskill but also softskills, something that I believe would help me go through this world easier.

Being a constantly learner is my way of ninja (a.k.a Life). The main strategy you should have to be a learner is simply, change your mindset! You need to have a mindset, that you can learn anything, anytume, and anywhere. It doesn't matter how high your IQ is, or how long you will need to learn it. Changing your mindset that everything can be learned is a must for being a learner. Be consistent and persistent, or in a muslim way you may say "Istiqamah".

Persistence (Source: newmediaeurope.com)

"So, tell me what you have learned so far, raf!"

Oke, the positive ways of having this mindset actually helped my life so far. Even helped my brother as well. Tbh, besides learning about Meteorology, I have learned many softskills such as leadership, time management, building habits, and stuff. I also learned Marketing, Finance, Human Resource, Business Strategy, and lately, I was learning about Micro and Macroeconomy to help my brother study. With this mindset, I manage to motivate -at least- myself, that by learning Macroeconomy, It'll help my career now and then.

Apparently, it is.

By the time I am curious about what "Economic" student actually learned, and how could this impact to the society as a whole, I got the big picture how could government providing the policy to maintain the foreigner currency rate, to help and attract importer and exporter as well. I got the idea why our government keep importing something, or when should we export our products to another country and stuff.

I also got the idea how interest rate can affect the loan demand/ supply curve, by thinking about the logic and possibilities how it could impact a country directly.

Since I am currently working on Financial Industries, I just got the idea tho! At least it might be used in the future when should we, as company, should decrease the Interest rate to increase the demand while the supply is on a tight competitive market. At least, besides constantly improving the product as well as the process and the customer experience, this interest rate as a part of "Pricing Strategy" can be used to attract more customers in the future, right?

This is something you might feel when you learn something new every day!

Knowledge is really delicious stuff to eat and fulfill your body and mind, and consistently can improve and develop you as a human!

Curious (Source: http://www.curiouswriter.com)

Do not ever stop being Curious! Curiousity might kill a cat as well as eating to much sugar/ calories. Anything might kill you but as long as you do it in the right way, it'll save yours! Curiousity can make you stay motivate so that you can "try" and "find-out" something every day. Before judging yourself/ others as "Corporate slave" and stuff, why don't you think another way, that you do it for yourself, to fill you and your curiousity, and improve/ develop you as a human!

Being generalist doesn't mean you didn't hone something in particular, and can't do better with the others. Big NO! Make sure, anything that you have learned can support you, not only in your career but also when taking some big decision to your life! Don't think inside the box but outside the box instead, always try connecting the dots and you'll learn something even faster. At least it would help you how to remember something, and of course would help with understanding something deeply. Because actually, you already learn something "similar" before, and it doesn't make it so different conceptually.

I have one example for method above. Whenever during the college, I need to study exam for Physical Meteorology. I was curious enough to understand more about "Thermodynamic system on Cloud" which is about adiabatic heating. Since it's pretty much a complex system for cloud, I tried to understand in easier way. The process itself happened on Cloud formation especially in forming cumulonimbus clouds. What I understand, adiabatic process that happened in cloud, would make the pressure much lower compare to its surrounding. Fortunately because the differences of this pressure, some process happened to "normalize" the event. Wind will be blown from High to Low, and make the adiabatic even worse and support the development of Cumulonimbus itself. Cumulonimbus will make some storm, and of course can affect the human/ environment directly. I realize, the concept of Adiabatic process is pretty much similar with the capitalism system. While heating the system, the surrounding will pretty much take action "to clear" something up, but end-up worsening the system, and make something messier. We might see the Clouds (can be seen as a Country) developing well and significantly, but no, there's a time when a storm coming, and the cloud would be small again, and ...... the process repeated again.

Lol, it's much simpler to explain things in here. But somehow I manage to connecting the dots with something, so that I can learn it faster.

And you know what, I ever discussed about this to my group, some can't take what I mean because perhaps they haven't understand with another concept that I was trying to explain tho.

Connect (Source: scillagrace.com)

Lesson learned: The more you learn, the faster you will learn something new, as long as you can connecting the dots for this! In this world, you may find the "Concept" pretty much similar and with different case. And this is why, despite being Meteorologist, I choose to be Business Analyst & would love to continue my career as Data Scientist as well. Because I believe, from what I learned, conceptually so much analysis similar with what I learned here, and by connecting the same pattern, I could solve the business problem and find-out answer for business question even faster. yuhuu, not so different Wkwk

Conclusion


As a part of your journey, learning is a must process to develop thyself further and beyond! By changing your mindset and consistently fill yourself with curiousity, can really help you to learn something more and more. Take this as a part of motivation, so that you can remember how important it is for getting something learn in every condition. No matter it's when you success or fail, there always be some lesson learned to grow yourself as a human. 

The more you learn, the more you earn

I got this quote from mas Iman Usman, as CPO of Ruangguru, that's consider himself as Generalist - which is cool-. Some tips for you besides changing your mindset, you may need to connecting the dots anything you've learned before, to learn something new faster. If you have already used to with it, I believe your brain could take from your database memory even faster! Which will make you learn faster and remember about it longer (even perhaps long last!). Similar with adiabatic process isn't it? Fortunately, what makes it different, your knowledge won't be decreased but the process can be repeated more and more without make your past knowledge lesser/ lost!

Definitely this process is better than the capitalism, right?! My mind-blown away while writing this, tho! Somehow God have created us perfectly, and design us to be a learner forever (even till we grow old !). If only I knew this since Elementary, I'll be okey to join and contribute with this community! Hoho

#CountMeIn!

Break Free (Source: animated-photography.com)
Thank You!

-- Before you go  


If you love the idea of this article, kindly please share it with your circle, perhaps in any medsos or even you inner circle. Help me to develop this community positively and make a better world with it :))

If you have anything from advice to questions, do not hesitate to ask/ type-in in the comment section below. Really appreciate coz it helps strengthen this blog's SEO tho :D I will definitely try to answer/ respons yours as soon as possible, though!

FYI,
Rafi is an ENFP person who seek every chance to develop his surrounding in professional ways. Slowly turning himself as a geek reader, spending his time at least 2 hour a day to read any article/ books with specific target.

Currently being Senior CRM Analyst in Home Credit Indonesia, still counted as Fresh Graduate and still learning to be the best one. Interested in Leadership, Management, Economic, Big Data, Data Science, and Meteorology-geek stuff.

You Might Also Like

4 comments:

  1. Just a quick thought.

    "A man who asks is a fool for five minutes. A man who never asks is a fool for life."

    Am not going to be fool for life, I am ready to be a fool in a minute but it's worth the time tho. My mentor once told me that being a learner should be till the end of our life, even Billionaire's still a learner till now!

    Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right ! If you're so nervous asking the questions, and end up not asking anything at all, don't be! Just try it at first, next would be much easier! Believe me

      Delete
  2. Can you give me a list of your favorite book so far? 1-3 books are definitely ok

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell

      The CEO Difference by Benton

      The Four by Scott Galloway

      Delete