Should we regret over the past?

00:43 rafi 0 Comments


Yesterday is history, tomorrow is mystery, today is a gift, that's why we called it present - Anonymous

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have you ever felt this regretful feeling over the past? Why didn't I active in Highschool, why didn't I take this course, why didn't I take this organization, why didn't I try this and that. The list will never be done, coz there are thousands of moment that should and could be better, right? 

Should we think about this? Yes and no. Yes, we need to learn from the past. This is the best moment to learn and practice, and shape the tomorrow better. We can't know whether our marketing program would be succeed and failed. But instead of giving it all-in and might hurt the business, we can run a small project over 1 period (can be 1 month, 3 month, 6 month and so), and evaluate it overtime. We need to test the water, and let the market feel it. If the respond good, then there's higher chance this program can be BIG enough to acquire and win the market. However if the result below expected. Then it is what it is, cost might not be acquired, but we have one thing in common. A lesson learned. In the future, we might not need this kind of program, or maybe, there can be improvement, either it's from the process, prices, and even the form of the products. Test. Learn. Repeat. And this lesson learned should be in the past, right?

That's in the business perspective. 


Tbh, this fundamental of concept can be used in all kind of sector, including our personal life. Even for me, I really have so much thing I regret a lot. I regret why I didn't literate myself from childhood. Why didn't I read Bobo or Harry potter or anything that can be used to improve my sense of reading, which will increase my learning sense. So what? Rice has been cooked to be porridge. Instead of thinking how can I change it to be rice, why don't I think about make it sweeter/ hotter/ delicious, by giving it more side dish with ketchup, spice, salt, and even appetizer. This porridge, might be the best thing you eat, at least you make it yourself.

I also regret about my term during student in ITB. Why didn't I join MUN, why didn't I join English/ Debating Club, etc. The thing is .... if I join this club, I might not be able join in my dorm, and in the end, I've learned so much things right there, from leadership, time management, even the business itself. You might not know/ realize the path you've chosen, until you make a list. Try it, and face it. You've done your best, there might be 1 to 2 things can be better, then do it better in the future. Always learn from the past. Stay curious. And don't ever think you've enough with learning shit. Coz you don't! Everyday, you might and should learn something, either it's technical/ hardskill OR softskill instead. Both can support your future, and make something "mystery" more clear.

Last but not least, if you take regretful too far, believe me you will be stressed and even depressed. Where as, you still have thousands day to go, months to go, and years to go. This depression will take your energy, and in the end you will achieve less than before. You may regret, but then learn, and move on! Do not take it too far, be grateful for who you are, change your habits, and live better! Commit. Commit. and Commit. You only need 1 motivation, make it tenth goals, and commit to achieve one by one. 

"Allah will not change the (good) condition of  a people, as long as they do not change their (state of goodness) themselves (by committing sins and disobedient to Allah"

It's pretty clear, here. If you want to change your current condition, you need to commit yourself, that you want to change to be a better and person, and pursue it earnestly.


And that will be the end of it.

Thank you!

You Might Also Like

0 comments: